Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 17 - The Light of Devotion


Day 17's focus was devoting myself to a daily/weekly practice that will connect me to my soul and shift my priorities from an outer-driven life to an inner-driven life.
For the cleansing ritual Debbie asked me to make a list of things I have been devoted to that no longer serve me. Here are a few that I wrote:
- procrastination/rituals which keep me from writing
- complaining (oh boy, am I committed to this one at times!)
- holding grudges
- the computer/email/my blog (ooops!)
Then I was asked to create my own devotional practice that will serve my higher good. Here's the plan:
am - stretch, breath, meditate
- evaluate my internal flame
- choose a focus and mantra for the day
noon - sit and breath after lunch, recall my mantra
- keep my business hours for writing (min. 2 hrs everyday)
pm - look over my vision board, breath and say aloud my soul's desires
- read over my contracts from Day 14
- forgive immediately
- plan adventure/joy once per week
- laugh/smile

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Steph, I'm really enjoying reading your blog. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the next posts! love you!

Unknown said...

Oh, and the images you've chosen are beautiful. I especially like this one.

Stephanie Rainey said...

Thanks for leaving comments! Makes it so much more fun for me to check back! Love you too!