Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reflections on 21-day Introduction


The intro hit a few cords for me:
- I'm tired of mediocrity (especially when it comes to my writing...)

- I find myself in repetitive patterns. I find myself in repetitive patterns. I find (ha ha, just kidding!) Like when I procrastinate in exactly the same way before getting down to writing

- the "hungry ghost" inside me craves money, acknowledgement, material possessions and is never satisfied

- I'm either living an ego driven life or a soul-centered life.
"The soul discerns with laserlike sharpness. The ego judges and rejects with
disdain and aggressiveness. The soul takes responsibility. The ego blames and
transfers responsibility. The soul moves through life with grace. The ego moves
through life with recklessness, chaos, an drama. The soul feels good about who
it is and what it wants and needs. The ego never has enough..."

But my most favorite part so far is "Unhooking from the outside world"
- basically, every time you pay attention to something or someone else's business it's like you are physically hooking yourself to that thing or thought and letting it drain you of energy. Interesting!!

No comments: