Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 13 - The Power of the Present


"So the single most vital step on your journey toward enlightenment is this: learn to disidentify with your mind. Every time you create a gap in the stream of mind the light of your consciousness grows stronger." Eckhart Tolle

Eckhart first opened my eyes to the power of the present moment with his book The Power of Now. So, today's focus was familiar. Familiar, but not easy.
At times during the day, my mind was in the past or the future, but when I noticed I pulled myself into the present moment.
One moment, in which I was present, stands out (yes, I will look back to the past for just a moment). Kaylem read me the fantasy story he has been working on. Wow, I was surprised by his incredible imagination and beautiful imagery! It was a blessing to really hear it!

No comments: