Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 5 - The Gift of Reverence


"The more love and reverence you give your body, the better you will feel." pg 112

One thing I know for sure is that I always feel better about myself, my life, and the future when I take good care of my body. When I feel really awful (mentally) the best thing I can do for myself is exercise, eat well, and sleep. So basic, but so true.

I had a hard time to do the cleansing ritual today not because it was so painful but because most days I actually do love my body. I think it is beautiful - curvy, strong, soft, and the root of so much of my joy.
However, I am guilty of choosing my mind over my body. My mind says, "Do just one more thing" whereas my body says, "oh for god sakes, go to bed."
Note to self: Body first, mind second!

No comments: